No I am not in this picture but this is what we did

This is not my Video but this is what we did Exactly

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Footnote on the Aussie Post

After I posted the blog about our Australia & NZ trip I decided to add some of the hundreds of pictures I took on that trip. I just wanted to comment on a few of them. The Video is not of our group but I wanted to add it to show what we did. We rafted that same stretch of the Tully as shown in the video. And only one in our boat fell out and he was some guy we did not know. It was really funny. Casie who is a small (but very strong) young woman reached over the side of the raft grabbed the guy by his life preserver straps and pulled him right back into the boat. In the picture of us “last night on the boat” Cheryl on the left was a really neat young woman. She had taken 6 months off from her job and was dive/traveling around the world by herself. Not too many months after she got home and finished her traveling she went to Honduras on a live-aboard boat to dive. There was a tragic accident. A 140 mph hurricane hit them. They decided to ride it out. The Boat capsized at the dock and 35 of the 38 people aboard were drowned. Cheryl was one of them. But as her good friend from home told us in emails, Cheryl lived her dream and died doing what she was happiest doing. Being on a dive trip somewhere exotic. Christine second from the right is a German lady we became friendly with. She subsequently came to America and visited both Lynn and I. In the picture of me at the Tasman Sea I truly wish the little pebbles showed up better. They were of every color of the rainbow. Just beautiful. There is another less flattering picture of me that Lynn snapped bending over picking up those rocks. Shame on you Lynn. Oh well that’s my buddy. The Alps were beautiful and I was fortunate to visit them again recently with my wonderful husband. The last picture of The Arizona Memorial is one of the favorite pictures I have ever taken. I noticed if I was standing I could just get a wisp of the American Flag flying from the Navy Boat I was on. The officer kept yelling at me “Mam please sit down, please sit down.” Too Bad, I never heard him I just kept standing till I got the picture I wanted. Shame on Me!.

No comments:

Post a Comment