No I am not in this picture but this is what we did

This is not my Video but this is what we did Exactly

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Great Wetsuit Adventure

By Jeannie (Horney) Lewis
April 2001

I had been getting ready for a trip to Australia; and heard that the waters are pretty cold. I decided to purchase a new 2-mil wetsuit. Not getting as cold as some divers do in the water, my plan was to wear the 2 mil with my 3-mil shortie over it.
One very late evening at home alone, I decided to try the 2 mil with the shortie to see if it would be comfortable. The 2 mil zipped up the back & the shortie zipped up the front. Are you getting the picture just about now?
Well all went well, the fit with the two of them together was ok, but rather warm in my apartment even with the AC turned down to 73. I decided to take them off and this is where the fun began!
The shortie came off easily, since it zips down the front. NO PROBLEM! Then it occurred to me, even when I wear my polartec (which like the 3-mil shorty, zips down the front) I always have to have help taking it off my shoulders. Being an innovative sort of person, I figured I could handle that minor little detail. HA! I started pulling from the top, and tugging from the back, as best I could reach. NOTHING MOVED! I was stuck in the damned wetsuit! It was getting warmer & warmer and I realized I had a serious problem. I don't know any of my neighbors & from what I have observed they seem to turn off their lights and go to bed before the proverbial chickens. Knocking on someone's door was not an option. I thought that if the situation didn’t start to improve shortly, I would have to go out, get in my car and go over and wake up one of my children, each of which lives approximately 7-15 miles away. If someone happened to be out walking their dog at that hour (and some do) they would think I was some sort of loony and call the police! Finely, after tugging on the bottom of the sleeve & squiggling (do you like that word?) my fingers felt like they were crawling up the sleeve. After 20 minutes of squiggling, tugging, & sweating I finely got free of the wet suit.

And that my, friends, is why you should never try on a wet suit alone! Besides, there is no one around to see just how cute you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment